File Sharing in XP

LameDuck

Firstly i'm new so HELLO ALL

I have networked (ethernet) a pc and a laptop via a Belkin 4 way router. I have run network setup on both machines and called the PC SYSTEM1 and the LAPTOP SYSTEM2.

I have called the workgroup MY NETWORK.

What I want to do is share the printer which is installed and conected to the PC.

The problem is that the PC only sees itself on the network, and the laptop sees itself and the PC. however it doesnt see the printer, even though it IS shared. Also when i click on the pc icon from the laptop it sais I dont have the correct access rights.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! I have exhausted my own knowledge of networking and WINDOWS excellent (COUGH COUGH) trouble shooter! I have also exhausted my supply of cigarettes!!! LOL

Cheers

friendshipraj

hey u must use xp home networking wizerd first then install printer in first machine which machine u sharing internet connection...then u right click the printer icon in control panel ...u must see a sharing tab on this page and click full permission and apply..i think it should help you..

LameDuck

Thanks for the advice, however I have done this but it doesnt help, also I dont have a TAB for full sharing rights. All I have is do not share or share!