Finishing off

double-dragon

Hi guys, 1st post :D

I was wondering what graphics card/hard drive/cd drives go with the hardware i already have.
This is what i already got...
1. ECS K7S5A Full ATX board
2. Athlon XP 2500+
3. 1024MB Crucial memory
4. ATX Case (kinda bog standard, but i like it)
5. Dual Hard Drive fan
6. 350w Power supply

Thanks for any help you can give me.
:cool: Double-Dragon :cool:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. If its not too late consider a new mobo as I'm in retail/tech and i encounter that mobo a LOT with problems. The Asus A7V8X-X should cost exactly the same give and take a few bucks

2. Depends on the budget for the video card really
Low - Radeon9200SE/GFX5200
Medium - Radeon9600/GFX5700/GeForce6800
High - GeForce6800GT

3. For optical drives, either the ASUS or LiteOn 52x32x52

4. HDDs it kinda depends on the storage capacity you need .. try to get an 8MB cache version as opposed to the 2MB version

double-dragon

well....i almost $hyt myself when i was installing the CPU and i dont really fancy doing it again, but if it is gonna save me a lot of trouble then ill change the mobo.

Im looking at a medium price range video card (favouring the radeon, dont know why tho)

Where's the best place to get those optical drives from?

Im looking at around 60-80MB of storage...any suggestions?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but if it is gonna save me a lot of trouble then ill change the mobo.
Well worth the swap.

Im looking at a medium price range video card (favouring the radeon, dont know why tho)
Would have been nice to have a hard number as "medium" is somewhat subjective but something like the Radeon9800Pro or if thats a bit much the 9600Pro

Where's the best place to get those optical drives from?
Just about any store that sells optical drives ... the drives there are fairly common (especially the Litey)

Im looking at around 60-80MB of storage...any suggestions
Compact Flash :p But if you wnt 60-80GB, just about any 7200rpm 8MB drive will do :)