Format(Hard Drive)

SFR

Truth fears no questions
:eek: dont do that!

I doubt you will be allowed to from there... but dont take the chance... that is not the way to format the hard drive.

lilpaul2019

oh ok format means delete everything on ur hard drive and if that is the hard drive ur OS is on i would noe recommend that if its not than do it if u wanna clean up all that info on there and if its ur OS harddrive than to make it faster i would defragment it takes really long to do or get a desk cleaing program

SFR

Truth fears no questions
lilpaul2019 said:
oh ok format means delete everything on ur hard drive and if that is the hard drive ur OS is on i would noe recommend that if its not than do it if u wanna clean up all that info on there and if its ur OS harddrive than to make it faster i would defragment it takes really long to do or get a desk cleaing program

The way to format your hard drive is to either use your OS installation disk or a boot disk and run "fdisk". From there you can partition and format any part of the drive.

dmsee: You dont seem to have any problems with your hard drive, I think you are just curious about what "format" is. For you, the best way to look at it is Format = erasing everything from your hard drive. So dont do it!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys what format will do for my computer?? should I run it or not??
It empties the contents of the drive in question. You should run it if you want to do just that

what u mean what formate u mean fat32 or ntfs or do u mean how do u format
What do you mean by "what u mean what formate u mean fat32 or ntfs or do u mean how do u format" ;)

dont do that!
I doubt you will be allowed to from there... but dont take the chance... that is not the way to format the hard drive.
Wtf? And why not? I do that all the time, works fine

The way to format your hard drive is to either use your OS installation disk or a boot disk and run "fdisk". From there you can partition and format any part of the drive.
Why would you go through so much work? Just right click, select format, set the file system and whether you want the quick format or not and go with it.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Praetor said:
Wtf? And why not? I do that all the time, works fine

Why would you go through so much work? Just right click, select format, set the file system and whether you want the quick format or not and go with it.

I dont trust doing something like that within an OS.

... formatting a floppy, yes... formatting a hard drive, no.

(... and fdisk isnt that complicated..)