Format, Help Required..

r0x0r

Simply put, I formatted the noob way by using the xp (home) disc, this reinstalled xp and as far as I knew wiped my HD. However, when going into properties of my computer--> HD I had only 35% of HD space left (my orignal value, i.e. not wiping HD).

My computer is manufactured by Dell giving insight into the bios for those familiar. I want to completely format the drive wiping clean the whole system, and preferably without any outside program i.e. partition magic or whatever. I want to keep it nice and simple..

I have tried /fdisc through command prompt but to no avail, I now call upon you experienced few to help in my dilema, through clear, step by step procedures if your willing to really help me in this frustrating situation. Thanks.

uniquekrishna

again reinstall the win XP and follow the instruction .. format the HDD in NTFS format and after that tell me is the problem still there

man_4422

It depends on what types of format you choose, what type of information is in your hard disk, what type of harddisk you are using. If there are bad sectors in the hard disk, I think they cannot be erased. Try to do a search, make sure the hidden files/system files is checked to ensure the system do a search for files including hidden/system files. In there, you can see whether there are still files that are still in your harddisk.

Rgds
man_4422