**UPDATED January 2017**
- Rude, offensive or threatening comments as well as posting of adult material will not be tolerated.
- Excessive profanity is not allowed. Our language filter will censor certain words and they will appear as ****. Just because **** appears instead of the banned word, that does not make it alright. You will still receive an infraction/possible ban.
- If you insult any member of the moderator or administrator team, your account will be instantly banned.
- Spam, multiple posting of the same topic, promoting your own forum and posting of sites with affiliate ID's are not allowed. This applies to the submission of new threads, posts and links or inappropriate content in your signature.
- To be clear, if you registered to this site with the intention to spam, your account will be banned immediately, and all associated posts will promptly be deleted.
- The posting of "Homework/Test" questions is not allowed. How do you expect to learn something if you want to get answers from our forum members? Most questions can be answered by searching online.
- The posting of "GOFUNDME" links are prohibited and will be removed. They are usually used to help fund the purchase of a computer or similar.
- The use of LMGTFY (Let Me Google That for You) is forbidden. It's rude, directs traffic away from the site, and demonstrates a fundamental lack of understand of how the internet and knowledge sharing works.
- The posting of ****** links so you can get paid for members clicking on the link is prohibited and will be removed.
- If you have questions about user ranks and other pseudo-administrative type questions, check FAQ and Ranks before posting a question about it. Also, feel free to drop in an introduce yourself here!
- No more than 10 lines allowed in signature, 2 different colors and font size 2 is the maximum font size allowed in signatures.
- Posting about ANY illegal activities is forbidden.
- A minimum of 100 posts are required to send Private Messages, Visitor Messages, and to participate in our Computer Equipment For Sale section. Before posting in that section, read the Selling Requirements. You may not attempt to sell items outside our for sale section.
- Members are not allowed to privately message (PM) other users and attempt to sell them anything. The same applies with visitor messages. Any member who sends you a PM or visitor message trying to sell you something should be reported directly to an admin and/or moderator. Their account will be banned immediately.
- You are only allowed to embed youtube videos which do not infringe any copyright. The youtube user who has uploaded the content on youtube must be the genuine copyright holder. Embedding youtube content which violates copyright law is strictly forbidden and will result in an infraction being issued.
- You're allowed only ONE account. If you create an additional account for yourself or another person, depending on the circumstances, you will receive an infraction and/or have your primary account banned, and the secondary account will be banned as well.
- Discussion around how to damage/destroy a computer is not allowed.
- Discussion of how to hide or mask your IP address to spoof a website is not allowed.
- Posting of any adult material is forbidden and will result in your account being banned. This includes, but is not limited to, images or videos containing:
Strategically covered nudity, Sheer or see-through clothing, Lewd or provocative poses, Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches
If you spam the forum, or insult a member of the mod/admin team -- either via PM or publicly in the forum -- your account will be permanently banned. Otherwise, in most cases, posts will simply be deleted and you will be directed to these set of forum rules. However, repetitive breaching of the forum rules will result in the issuance of infractions and deletion of all associated posts. Finally, if the behavior continues, your account will be permanently banned.
Software Discussion Policy
Discussion of any of the following is NOT allowed at Computer Forum:
- Promoting piracy as an alternative to the legal purchase of computer software or media material.
- The use of torrent trackers or p2p software to obtain copyrighted material. Any discussion of programs like Limewire, Frostwire, eMule, eDonkey, etc.. is not allowed, whether or not you believe or suggest it's for legal use.
- The offer or solicitation of invitations to private torrent tracking websites, such as Demonoid. Public sites, like The Pirate Bay, cannot be discussed here.
- Illegally modified OS versions such as "XP Black," which are typically distributed illegally.
- Installation of a Macintosh operating system on a PC, also know as a "Hackintosh" system.
- Advice on how to crack or circumvent legitimate software activation. This includes: key generators; cracked executable files; re-arming software trial periods; brute force methods for obtaining activation keys; OEM activation hacks, etc.
- Cracking or bypassing an administrator/any other user log-in password.
- Stripping DRM from media files.
- DVD/Blu-Ray disk decryption.
- Software that facilitates the unauthorized entry into a network.
- Posting malicious links or attempting to distribute malicious software.
- Keystroke recording software, or any application that allows you to secretly monitor the activities of another computer user.
- If you have any questions regarding our policy, send a private message (PM) to a moderator. For a list of moderators and the sections they moderate, have a look here.
[*]It is the responsibility of the Admin/Mod team to enforce the forum rules, not the general membership.
- If you believe a member has violated any of the above, or any other rules, please use the report post button (looks like this:
[*]Failure to comply with this policy will, at first, result in a zero-point, yellow card warning, assuming you have had no other action taken against your account. Repeat violations will result in an infraction and possible ban.
Last edited by a moderator: