gateway solo 3300

jp198780

i just got 1, wdoes anybody know the max ram 4 it? i went on the gateway site, but cant find nothing, thanks.

jp198780

128 is the max RAM!? damnn, i was planning on getting XP installed on it, maybe i'll settle wit 2000, im deff. not staying with ME.

jp198780

i should've kept looking around before i got this 1, how would Windows 2000 run on this?

and what other kind of CPU would fit in here? 4 example: would a solo 5300? or something else fit in here?

jp198780

ok, i sent the guy that owned the laptop a message, on ebay, and he said that h thinks the motherboard supports up 2 a 600MHZ cpu, and that the max is 256, soo i quess you were wrong about the max being 128, LaptopExtreme :cool:.

and wouls any other type of cpu fit in here? from another solo model?

jp198780

i might upgrade 2 2000, actually yes i deffinatly am, ME really isnt giving me any problems, yet, *knock on wood*. what would happen if i put a stick of 256 in here? lol.

m0nk3ys1ms

jp198780 said:
i might upgrade 2 2000, actually yes i deffinatly am, ME really isnt giving me any problems, yet, *knock on wood*. what would happen if i put a stick of 256 in here? lol.

it would more than likley only read as 128mb

jp198780

and it would run like it was 128MB?

EDIT: how can i get this laptop 2 not go into Hibernate when i close the lid? i noticed that there is a little neede thing,when the lid closesit hits that and puts it in hibernate, can i disable it?

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
jp198780 said:
and it would run like it was 128MB?

EDIT: how can i get this laptop 2 not go into Hibernate when i close the lid? i noticed that there is a little neede thing,when the lid closesit hits that and puts it in hibernate, can i disable it?

I have the same laptop (or something very very similar) and it runs Win2k just fine with 64MB.

You need to go into the power options, from the control panel. I don't have it here, so I can't tell you exactly, but that is where it should be

jp198780

oo really? runs 2000 fine with 64MB? i might consider getting 2000 then, thanks man.

and i went into Control Panel and looked everywhere, and couldnt find nothing, i know how 2 do it in my Dell Latitude, but not on my Gateway, theres a little needle type thing right next 2 my power button on the Solo, and when the screen hits that, it either puts it in standby, or shuts it off, soo i was thinking about cutting that thing off with something lol.