good gaming mobo?!?

Viper_86

banned
hey guys, im building myself a killer gaming computer online. i have been looking at this bundle; AMD Athlon64 3200+ CPU on the GigaByte #GA-K8VT800 ATX DDR Motherboard w/Audio/GBL/SATA ,,,it costs $455 which is good coz i dont want to spend a huge amount on this computer as far as performance and grafix goes...im shootin for below $2000, which im right at its doorstep. take a look at it and tall me wut u think. it would b very helpful u could give me any feedback about wut mobo i should get that would give me killer performance...but if at all possible not tooo much money...but i will if i ahve too. http://www.compwarehouse.com/amd_processor/index.html this link doesnt take u to the exact pg...click it then go to mobo combos, AMD Athlon64 Motherboard + CPU + Fan Combos (top left) then the combo that i stated above...bottom left on pg. thnx again for any feedback!

Viper_86

banned
Praetor said:
Which A64 is that? Clawhammer or Newcastle?
not sure of wut it is...i guess i should do some more research about wut im looking at...go 2 the link i gave u and follow wut i said to get to the mobo/cpu that im looking at

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I can almost surely tell you that "good gaming mobos" stand on their "own" and dont require "combo deals". The GB boards might be good but i'm not gonna hang around and find out firsthand.

Viper_86

banned
Praetor said:
I can almost surely tell you that "good gaming mobos" stand on their "own" and dont require "combo deals".
ok thnx...ill prolly look around for a seperate mobo and a better CPU.

Viper_86

banned
Praetor said:
Its not so much the CPU i doubt but rather the MOBO
ya mayb so...but i still need to look for a dif CPU...well at least somewhere else on the site or at some totally dif store. i was also thinking about gettin a 3400 instead of the 3200...im obsessed with power...and if my budget allowed i would get the 3800..which i hear costs 800 bux! thnx.

Nephilim

VIP Member
I've used a Gigabyte GA-8INXP for the last year and a half and it's been a very stable and good performing board so going by my experience I'd say Gigabyte boards are worth looking into. Asus makes very nice boards as well.

That being said, my next motherboard is going to be a Abit. I've read/heard nothing but outstanding comments on their boards and I really like the options and layouts of their higher-end boards.