Good gaming mouse

grimxx

can anyone recommend a good wireless gaming mouse that is rechargeable I just hate that battery stuff my price range is about 50 dollars or so thanx

liquidshadow

Look these up at newegg

Logitech G5
Razer Copperhead
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (Big gamers' mouse)
Logitech MX518

Morox

I wouldn't recommend anything wireless for gaming (keyboard, mouse).

I am using a Siatek Eclipse II keyboard with a Logitech G5 gaming mouse. I like both of them a lot.

Burgerbob

I am using a Siatek Eclipse II keyboard with a Logitech G5 gaming mouse. I like both of them a lot.

Actually, wireless these days is a lot better than the old mouse/keyboard you didnt like before. My Logitech LX7 (wireless) is the best mouse i have ever used (other than the MX Revolution, which is also wireless). I would reccomend at least a wireless mouse, as they are nice to have and just as good.

hpi

banned
wireless is much better for gaming imho. When you have to move the mouse quick and around and stuff like that theres no cord or anything so it's much more free movement.

curtains

i would have 2 agree wif morox .. if ur a true gamer u would no the difference in delay that a wireless would give u.. that delay could mean the difference between an head shot or not and i neva have problems with my cored getting in the way geos from behind the desk wen i pull it it comes wen i push it gravity pulls the cord back down .. easy as that no cord it the way. I have an Hyena mouse works great for me it was 10 bucks .. so .. i dont think u need 2 spend much but logitech mouses are good. thou theres not much difference between opticial mousees maybe jst a little in design but not speed wise(besides wireless and cord)

Geoff

VIP Member
I have the Razer Diamondback Salamander and I love it. Much better then the MX518 and G5 if you ask me.

grimxx

those look like good mouses I think I will go with wired since one of you pointed out the shot thing and I want the mouse for gaming anyways thanx

Mr.Suave

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2142,CONTENTID=10715

amazing mouse, i've played with it and the adjustable weight is soooo nice.

Cons: mouse = $70 :(

on newegg they sell it for $46, i think i've even found it cheaper in some other places

I agree with Burgerbob
good wireless mice like the G7, MX1000, and the new MX mice from Logitech are perfect for gaming and everyday use. i have a G7 and its really really nice not to have a cord in the way and have yet to or even hear from anyone that has a G7 to experience "lag". And these mice use laser tech. Laser mice can be used on almost any surface and are more responsive than optical mice. for example with an optical, when trying to moving the pointer from left to right across the screen rapidly the pointer will actually lag or studder, doesn't happen to a laser mouse whether wireless or not. this is great when you have to do a full 180 to get the guy at your 6 quickly without any problems(did this a few times in CS:S and people thought i was hacking or using Aimbot). IMHO Laser > optical for mainly FPS, as responsiveness is everything

Last edited:

heyman421

banned
Just wanted to let you guys know the G5 is $35 at best buy right now, just picked one up tonight, and was searching for reviews when i found this thread.

I don't think there's a better mouse for $35.

hpi

banned
Just wanted to let you guys know the G5 is $35 at best buy right now, just picked one up tonight, and was searching for reviews when i found this thread.

I don't think there's a better mouse for $35.

Hows that mouse? It looks good and I was thinking of getting it.

O ya at best buy the g5 is 86$ canadian. wtf?

heyman421

banned
I dunno, i haven't hooked it up yet, hahaha.

my desk is too dirty to discrace such a nice piece of equipment.

imma watch saw 3 in a minute, and after that, i'll clean up and give it a whirl

hpi

banned
$86? that's still full price, isn't it?

that sucks, man

it's probably b/c of shipping to canada

no no. I checked the bestbuy.ca website and checked and its 86$. meaning if I go to my local best buy to buy the mouse I have to pay 86$ plus tax. what a fkn shit country I live in.:mad: