Gpgfanok.exe

munk

Hi there :)

When I'm shutting down my computer, I keep getting the message that "gpgfanok.exe" does not reply.

What is this file? I have search the web but I can't find anything about it. I have tried to run Adaware, HijackThis and several other spyware tools, but nothings seems to fix the problem.

Plz help

Thanx in advance

/Over & Out
Munk

mickeymouse

you need to start looking at when this prob started occuring... then you may pinpoint what programs you installed on ur PC at that time, and remove them... ur right, there is nothing i can find on the net about it. chances are its not spyware at all, but some service that is running for some legitimate software. just check the spelling of gpgfanok.exe. possible u made mistake on name? maybe... worth checking k.
cheers! :)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You can identify this program with Process Explorer. Download it from http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml.
When you select that process then on the lower pane you'll see all the details of it.
You can also kill that process with this program...

I'm not sure about this, but the gpgfanok.exe seems to be an IMEI Changer for Nokia phones (or a fake program pretending to do that).

Last edited:

munk

The spelling is correct. When I look at the programs and processes running, I can't see the file. Should I search for it and delete it?