Grand Theft Auto 5 or Fallout 4. What to buy?

Was up guys! So I am in the market for one of these two games. GTA 5 or Fallout 4. They are both very cheap from this one website, so I need help picking what to get.

Grand Theft Auto (Series)
I played the First GTA on PC back in 1999. I Played GTA on PS2 as well and I had GTA 4 on steam but thanks to Windows Live I can't play it anymore (Doesn't matter tho)

Fallout (Series)
Never played a Fallout game in my life, however I like how Fallout 4 looks from what I've seeing on Youtube.

I can get either game for around $30 so its a pretty good deal! I Just don't know what to pick. I like GTA 5 and It has Multiplayer! A big Plus! while Fallout 4 doesn't have Multiplayer....

GTA 5= 4/5 chance I am getting it
Over
Fallout 4= 2.5/5 I am getting it

I am leaning more on the side of GTA 5 just because I like it more but I wanted to read what you guys thoughts are between these 2 games.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
It's all subjective - get what you think you'll enjoy more. I used to play GTA2 and it was fun but after a while it was just eh. A friend gave me a copy of GTA5 and I played for maybe two hours in 3 months? On the other hand, I've never played a FO game before and I have an obscene amount of time in FO4. It's basically a post nuclear war Skyrim, so if you enjoyed that you'll probably love it.

Laquer Head

A few months ago I was raving about GTAV online and how it was awesome, and couldn't get enough of it... well I blew through single player, which was pretty fun, and played online a decent amount, but the reality is that you gotta spend alot of time grinding through the rankings to boost your player, all the while getting decimated frequently by trolls, hackers, modders, script kiddies...etc.

It really lost any appeal after about a month...

I've never played any of the Fallout games, so I can't comment there.

Darren

Staff member
Go with whatever you feel like you'd prefer. Both are good games, and only you know what you'll like more in terms of playstyle. Both games are some of my all time favorite games, with GTA V being on top.

Me personally, GTA V I'd prefer in the long run. I sunk well over 400 hours into it and had a lot of fun in online and singleplayer both. I had friends to play with though and spent most of my time collecting and customizing cars. You won't regret either choice IMO so just roll with one.

C4C

GTA V personally. TONS of online content in the couple years it's been out and Fallout 4 is really slow with DLC.

I haven't played GTA V in a while due to my lack of a GPU but it's a game I can get behind when playing with friends (or even strangers).

Laquer Head

GTA V personally. TONS of online content in the couple years it's been out and Fallout 4 is really slow with DLC.

I haven't played GTA V in a while due to my lack of a GPU but it's a game I can get behind when playing with friends (or even strangers).

Still no GPU???

C4C

Still no GPU???
It's now come down to buying an aftermarket RX 480 when released (@ Sapphire :mad:), or save another month or so for a GTX 1070.

I'm thinking this might be my last upgrade for the next couple years so it might be worth going for it.

_Glitch

Huge fan of both games.
However i like GTA5 more. Fallout 4 was a little disappointing quest and story vice. Still an amazing game, but i just had more fun in Fallout 3 and skyrim.

I have played GTA 5 for 200 hours. It is great. Something you can always go back to for a quick race with boats, plains and cars. Or how about a death match, or just go on a classic GTA killing spree with trevor.
They also keep on updating the online part. Adding more and more stuff for free. I recommend this one.

Laquer Head

It's now come down to buying an aftermarket RX 480 when released (@ Sapphire :mad:), or save another month or so for a GTX 1070.

I'm thinking this might be my last upgrade for the next couple years so it might be worth going for it.

Save for the 10-series!!

Thanks for the Input guys! Feel free to keep the Thread going :p
BTW I want a GTX 1080 so bad! (Drools) but I am going to wait until next year. Need to save money first. Plus my GTX 970 should hold off pretty good until then.

Oh does anyone know why when I update my Signature it says more than 7 or 9 lines? What am I doing wrong? why does it say that if all I am doing is changing the information and leaving the format just how it is.

Last edited:

Laquer Head

BTW I want a GTX 1080 so bad! (Drools) but I am going to wait until next year. Need to save money first. Plus my GTX 970 should hold off pretty good until then.

Oh does anyone know why when I update my Signature it says more than 7 or 9 lines? What am I doing wrong? why does it say that if all I am doing is changing the information and leaving the format just how it is.

Try doing your sig like mine, and a few others so it takes up less space..

Try doing your sig like mine, and a few others so it takes up less space..
Yea but the thing is since I being a member I always had my Signature the same.... All I want to do is Update the 3770K to 6700k the GTX 680 to GTX 970 and so on.... just need to update it not make it longer. Why isn't it allowing me to do it if it looks the same? Must be since they updated the website? I guess I'll find a way to do it later.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member

Your signature probably carried over from the previous forum software. Since the switch we've changed the rule to a max of 3 lines (I think).

Your signature probably carried over from the previous forum software. Since the switch we've changed the rule to a max of 3 lines (I think).
Good Copy on that! I think you are right! Thanks for the confirmation. LOL Darren. I meant to ask someone else and I accidentally messaged you about the same thing. Sorry about that wasn't paying attention to names ha!

Last edited:
By the way on regards to the games? I can't make my mind up! Fallout 4 is $24 DVD for PC which is what i want because I have Data cap and GTA 5 is $30 and is also DVD both from eBay. I guess I'll keep watching Youtube videos. I just want A new game to play long term. And by long term I mean minimum of 6 months.

Right now I am in Love with Rainbow Six Siege. I bought it in March and I have 260 hours, its my all time favorite game in the last 3 years. I love Multiplayer FPS games and I love Rainbow 6 Franchise. Second to that I bought Far Cry 4 for $24 DVD PC at Gamestop and its not bad game, solid 3.5/5 but Multiplayer is dead.

Sure I enjoy Multiplayer a lot! but a good story is always fun. Rise of Tomb Raider was actually a good game, got it with my GTX 970. The Evil Within is also a game a very much enjoyed but I beat it already (Might get the DLC's) Got Dishonored this year because I liked it in 2012 and beat it too. DOOM got old after 18 hours and the Multiplayer is dead. So yea I have around 100 games on my Steam library but they are old games from like 2011. I have a couple of Origin games like BF3 BF4 but those are getting old too lol.
Good thing is that new games are coming out this year and next year! so I can always wait. Def going to get Dishonored 2! (Oh yes!!!)