Hackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob1989

banned
hackers are suppose to be people who search computer systems for important information which needs to be uncovered however it has recently been tainted by the actions of people who call themself hackers. People who purposefully destroy innocent peoples computers are not hackers but vandals. Whats the point? for example viruses that go throught someones address book has no point what so ever as it is going to target innocent people.

What a good conversation to start.

Jimbob

Fure6

4. Does your child read hacking manuals?

haha! if your son is reading these, you should know that he's hacking with out reading this checklist!

9. Has your son radically changed his appearance?

I don't think that if some one is a hacker, they would change their appearence! You're behind a computer when you're hacking...why care about what you're wearing?

Last edited:

Fure6

I think that hackers are stupid. i mean, as jimmy has said, there is no point what so ever! Now i guy that i met online said that he sends virus' to peoples computers if they didn't pay the fee of him fixing the computer...that makes a little sence.

Jimbob1989

banned
I wasn't saying hacking is pointless. I use to hack. I'm just saying whats the point in doing it on people who dont deserve it.

Jimbob

Zeon

I hope that people who read that list don’t take it seriously.

Also I think you mean crackers not hackers.

Hackers are a good thing. The link below has the correct definition of a hacker.

http://www.outpost9.com/reference/jargon/jargon_23.html#SEC30

The book “Hackers” by Steven Levy also documents the origin of the term dating back to the 50-60’s at MIT. A good and interesting read so far (half way through it myself).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I hope that people who read that list don’t take it seriously.
Im hopeful too ... but not gonna hold my breath

Also I think you mean crackers not hackers.
Yeah i know but for most people to use the term 'hacker' is more efficient -- gets the idea across without having to write explainations

pipit

the word "hacker" is more familiar in my country to describe "bad hacker". most people even haven't heard about cracker.
I think it's cool to be a hacker. it's challenging. i hope i have a skill to be a hacker.(he he)

But about cracker. c'mon....don't u have better activities beside making everybody else stuck in their computer problem because of u....... (well, i think all of u who read this understand what i mean).

P

proph3t

funniest thing ive ever seen in my life....it was a joke right? impossibly stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.