Handheld Recommendations???

PDJBoy

I am looking for a handheld that I can use for basic reminders, spur of the moment note-recording (voice recording an option), email and word document viewing, Quicken access (if possible), and things of the sort. I don't need something extravagant, but I need something that can excel in those areas I've pointed out. Can anyone offer any recommendations? Any and all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PDJBoy

Well see, that's the thing...not sure :confused: I have an older model palm and my God how it sucks. But that's mainly because the software on it is outdated, it has one of the first color screens (terrible actually), and it's functionality was severely limited. So as far as a new one go, I am not sure what to get, I keep hearing Palm, Axiom, Ipaq, but I personally don't know and would like to hear other people's take on the handhelds. Thanks Praetor for the reply!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I dont have one personally, but my boss, a very intelligent person I might add, he uses a handheld for just about everything. He did a fair bit of research and ended up getting a HP ipaq.
He said he was very pleased with it.
The model he has was something similar to this one.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/product_detail/product_detail_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1195992834.1091703222@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdadcmejmlhfgcfngcfkmdfondfgf.0&landing=null&category=handhelds&subcat1=handhelds&product_code=FA175A%23ABA&catLevel=3
But you would want to do your research on all the models available.

PDJBoy

Yeah, that's the exact one that I have been leaning towards. I am going to check out Palm and Dell's Axiom more before I make a final decision. I heard Toshiba makes a good one, but they are some what pricey. I'll check around and see.

kharmini91

Hey, you might want to try the Treo. It is a palm and cellphone all in one! My dad got one for free from a pharmaceutical company, of course, he is a doctor. They may be expensive, but he says it's great.

kharmini91

I have a Palm Tungsten C, which I love, but it was a little pricey. If you can afford it for $400 than I would consider it!

PDJBoy

Thanks kharmini. I was actually considering the tungsten t3, but still am just a little unsure. I am really leaning towards the HP Ipaq 4155. Seems like it can best suit my needs. Just going to do a little bit more research first though.