HDTV support

Prof Pwnsworth

Im using a 27' samsung lcd hdtv as a primary monitor right now with a 19' secondary. It has a dvi input but i wanted to connect it via HDTV cables. I have the necissary break out cable, RGB cable that came with the video card. I hooked it up and everthing but the TV says that it has no signal. I attached it thru catalyst and windows, but it has no signal. The specs are
Abit KN8 mobo
X2 3800+
2048Mb Xpert RAM
HIS X800GT
Samsung Syncmaster(19') samsung HDTV (27')
Its an amazing display, i dont know how im gonna get back to using my regular monitor. Another problem i have is that it wont go past 1024X768 in HF2. i guess its just cuz the connection, im sure if it was hooked up by HDTV cables then it would work.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I could be totally wrong, but I think DVI would give you better quality. If not, I don't see it giving you any better quality than with DVI...

To use component, you probably have to enable TV-Out. Just go to display proporties and advanced, it should be in there somewhere.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
what's the resolution of the TV?

And to enable TV out, you go to the catalyst thingy, or if you dont have the control center, you go to desktop, rightclick properties, settings, advanced, displays tab, and you change the settings there.