heatsink and fan

valleymanSS

hey, is there any way in which i can connect extra fans to my dell, i have a dimension 8200, 1.9ghz, 256 ram, its a few years old. to add extra fans to the motherboard other than the stock one isn't possible right? is there away to connect one to the power supply? if so on the dell power supplys is there any free connecters where i can connect them.

the heatsink on my dell, can i take that off and replace it,or if i take it off would this do some to the termal paste or pad; what ever dell put on it, can a heatsink be used with out any thermal paste or pad. if i can take the heatsink off with out damaging the paste or pads can anyone tell me how to. the heatsink is a metal one, i think it is aluminium.

thanks in advance

joelkyr

As far as I know Dell dimension has 5 power connector, 2 for disc drives, 1 for floppy and 2 for Hdd. Check the inside of your PC, I think there is one for Hdd if you have one hardrive, if not use a Y power cable to make one.
As for the HSF If you will replace it you need to apply a new thermal compound. I just did mine just today, and its very easy.