Help booting up my PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimp3h

Hi, i have a PC which i bought a year ago, and i have decided to switch from AMD to Intel, so i bought a new motherboard (MSI), a 3.0ghz Intel CPU, and 512mb DDRAM.

Once everything was installed correctly, i turned on my PC, but it gave me 2 error messages: CMOS Battery Low and CMOS Memory Size Wrong. So i press F1 to enter the BIOS setup. I click on load default settings, and then i click Save & Exit.

Now, though, i get a blank screen because my monitor has switched off, but everything else seems to be running.

Now, i have a feeling that my Power Supply is not providing enough poewr, or that my graphics card is just too old.

I have a LC-B350ATX power supply (which i GUESS is 350watts) and a GForce 4 MX 64mb graphics card.

Please can somebody help me..?

Joe Laurens

[tab]

[...]
Try replacing the CMOS battery first (so you don't have to reset everything every time you start up).

If you have access to other video cards/monitors/PSUs/mobos (either at home or at a friend's place) then experiment a little. If not then you may have to take it to a computer repair place... unless someone else can think of anything.

Good luck...

Chimp3h

Well it cant be the battery because i received the motherboard this morning...I dont have ne other parts either... :(

Chimp3h

i receieved the motherboard today, and i doubt the CMOS battery is affecting the monitor's display and the whole computer?

abananaman

Do you get a series of beeps from the computer when you start it up? If you are, there's a problem that your motherboard is trying to tell you about, look up the codes for your mobo on the internet. Is your video card seated properly in the slot? And the cable securely connected to the card? Those are the first things I can think of. Oh yeah- if your monitor goes into stand-by: when you turn the computer on does it come out of stand-by, or stay in stand-by? If it comes out of stand-by it means the card is giving it some kind of signal... See what you come up with.

Travo925

I dont know if there is an option like this on a windows pc, but when I took apart my powerbook G3, and reassembled it, I couldnt se anything on the screen either. To solve this I just simply resetted the pmu.

Zeus2005

EEEEERRMMMM didnt this guy post this message in 2004? If not, I think that clearing the CMOS should make the PC work. Just look up the manual to find out where the CMOS Jumpers are and move the connector from pins 1 and 2 to 2 and 3 (the MoBo manual will tell u wich ones) for about 10 sec, then put it back to pins 1 and 2 and switch the pc on. should work. might seem complicated while reading this but its not- your just movin a little pin across the CMOS jumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.