Help! Forgot LinkSys router password and User ID

Hello

I forgot my LinkSys password and user ID and need to access it's setup thing. Can I reset the userID and password without losing my network configuration settings?

Ku-sama

banned
you cant save one and not the other, and you cant lose one without the other, hold the buttion in the back down for 45 seconds to clear everything

Jeez.. I just need to open a port and it took a long time for me to set up the home network. :( Time to spend another 20 hours with LinkSys customer support, then.

Geoff

VIP Member
Depending on the router, you may have to hold the reset button for 30 seconds or so to perform a hard reset. Just pressing it will most likely just perform a soft reset, and your password will still be there.

Actually I'm pretty sure if I knew my settings it would take 5 minutes but I don't.

I know nothing about home networking, anyways I'll do this resetting thing when I don't mind having a headache for the rest of the day (LinkSys's crappy customer support).

mtb_ryder130

sometimes you can enter "user" in the access box, then press enter, as lond ads you haven't set a "user" password.

this allows you to see settings.

and possibly save settings to hdd.

then reset & import.

Jesse

P.S
I have a D-Link so things might be different, but it's always worth a try.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Seriously, how can you forget the id and password. There must be a default for that router. Try admin and admin for id and pw.

MyCattMaxx

I have linksys and mine is admin and p/w 1234 as a default.
I never changed mine. I am not paranoid being the only user.