[Help] I think I found my CPU, now to find a motherboard..

EGS

banned
I need to find a motherboard...a good one (that is hopefully under $100). I think I found the CPU I want, which will be a AMD Phenom II X4 940.

Now I need a motherboard with 4 slots for RAM...one that can fit my CPU...one that can have more than 1 10krpm HDD connected...and one that can have a GPU connected...and whatever else...supporting dual-channel RAM etc and maybe future over-clocking as well. ^^

Can anyone help me find one with a link? I hope to see good reviews as well. :eek: That really sells me.

Last edited:

fmw

Great processor. I don't think there are any boards for it under $100, however. I think most of them are over $200.

Granite

i think EGS is referring to Ronster667 (i think) message on the amds proccessor vs q6600 or w/e. For $70 USD im not sure if theres any decent board but ill look for one.

EGS

banned
Wow, the motherboards that support this processor are $200+?
I was really hoping I'd be able to find one for around $80-$120. :( :eek:

EGS

banned
Can anyone help me find a motherboard for the processor I'm looking at? I'm not sure what to search for or how to find one...I really do want one that is quality for my budget, if possible. :eek:

EGS

banned
Isn't this true that the CPU is backwards compatible with AM2+ processors and motherboards? So wouldn't be using those motherboards really be a downgrade? :eek:
Edit: Nevermind...AM2+ is this CPU's socket type I see...which is odd...this processor then can't even support DDR3 memory because of that.

Last edited: