help my computer has problems!!!!

music_2000

OK I really need help here Im only new to the forum and I was looking for somewhere to ask this question on the web well here's what happened. Okay every time I log in to my computer it AUTOMATICALLY logs me off and it doesn't matter which user name I log in as. I have a pentium 4 with 2.8 ghz etc and windows XP. basically this began last week on saturday. I really don't know how this happened but before then my computer used to come up with messages saying that error:C:run//dll. could not be found whenever i logged in. also I installed the program IMESH last week too and began using it a fair bit so maybe that had somting to do with it???
someone said that I may have to refrormat my PC and re install windows but I really don't know what to do please help

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you got nailed with some spyware .... have a run through with something like Spybot maybe that will clear it out (naturally run a voirusscan) .... if its a real bad case then a reformat is probably the best thing to do

music_2000

but I can't log in so I guess that means that I have to reformat and lose all my data and lose all my games mp3s etc :(

syabab

You can reformat your hard disk without losing your data. Take out yr hard disk and put it in a friend's pc, boot your friend's pc, and copy all your data..

Or you can buy another hardisk.

Hope this helps

M Fairuz

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
but I can't log in so I guess that means that I have to reformat and lose all my data and lose all my games mp3s etc
Just use the recovery console (boot up as if you were to reinstall and take the recovery console option) .. course that means you need to be able to figure out DOS a bit but its not that hard