plz use this site as a reference cuz i might be buyin parts of them
www.canadacomputers.com

thx
plz list every possible item to get and maybe even explain why you pick it

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
also I need a dvd writer but I dont need a cd burner
Whether you want one or not you're gonna get a CD burner when you get a DVD burner

Asus P4P800 SE ... solid allaround board
Corsair ValueSelect 512MB Kit PC3200 ... because you couldnt afford the 1GB kit
Vantec VTVP4 Areoflow w/ TMD fan ... cuz there was no Polo735
NEC 2510A ... decent drive without sacrificing reliability
WD 120GB 8MB ... standarrd
MSI GeForceFX5700 128MB ... the best for its price
Chenming A2ESW (which actually they should have designated as Chenming 601AE) ... awesome allaroundcase
Silverstone 400W (SST440) ... nice cheap solid PSU

I'd reconsider buying from them as their prices are goddamn unholy-high..... $400+ for a 9800Pro??? It's a good card and all but not worth goddamn $400CAD. (*makes mental note never to visit that site again* :mad: )

Net Cost: $737CAD

Again i'd seriously consider looking elsewhere as some of those prices of ridiculously high. :)

spy18

any more suggestions?

well they are selling ati radeon 9800 pro for $250 at best buy, good deal?

also you didn't had to include the case because my budget ($750) was excluding the cpu and the case

so is there any other choices?

thx

Timbo

If thats 250 CAD for a Radeon 9800 pro, then it's a decent deal. If it's American Dollars, hell no.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
any more suggestions?
:confused:
What else do you need???? (that you can fit into the budget)

also you didn't had to include the case because my budget ($750) was excluding the cpu and the case
The price doesnt include the case. I just forgot to edit it out of my actual post.

I'd reconsider buying from them as their prices are goddamn unholy-high..... $400+ for a 9800Pro??? It's a good card and all but not worth goddamn $400CAD. (*makes mental note never to visit that site again*)
My bad. It was the AIW -- which is STILL overpriced and by non-insigificant amounts. Now that ive had a second look at the place they dont even HAVE a friggen 9800Pro .... *goes to look* ... WTF ... :mad: they DO have a 9800Pro and it IS 425CAD (http://www.canadacomputers.com/cc/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=detail&pid=001865&cid=VC.538) which is absolutely ridicuolous especially considering you can probably find them for $300CAD on the streets ($325CAD no sweat)