help setting up ipaq 2210 for bluetooth internet sharing

uraknai

hi,

I have a wired network between 2 pc's sharing a broadband connection. I have just bought an Ipaq 2210 with built in Bluetooth and bought a Konnect for life Bluetooth USB dongle. I would like some help configuring the ipaq to share the internet connection via bluetooth to be able to get emails, use MSN etc on the Ipaq

I have followed this guide and when I finish and connect it does say there is a connection but wont logon to msn or get any web pages saying that I should check the internet connection.

For step 7 (the step when you need to put the IP address, subnet mask and default gateway) I typed ipconfig in MSDOS which gave me the information. I wasn't sure what I needed to put for setp 8 (DNS, Alt DNS, WINS and Alt WINS). I left Alt DNS, WINS and Alt WINS blank and put my IP address in the DNS part. I think this might be whats causing the problem. Could anyone tell me what DNS, Alt DNS, WINS and Alt WINS are and where I would find the information and if there might be another problem stopping me accessing the internet on my IPAQ coule you tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any help given

uraknai

when the IPAQ is in the cradle I can access the internet on it using pass through connection. Is it possible to connect to activesync with bluetooth and then connect to the internet using the pass through method

NEWiPAQUser

Do this:
Tap Start | Settings | Connection | Connections icon | Advanced | Select Network here change both to “My Work Network” then click “Edit…” then click the “Proxy Settings” nail and tick “This network connects to the Internet” OK OK OK OK … connect and enjoy.

PS. For the messenger you need updated version. The one that comes on the HP 2210 is old can’t connect to the network. http://www.wifizard.com/tutorialsXP/hp_2215_conceptronic/index-conceptronic-tips.htm or Microsoft web site.