Help

shortstuff

Hiya new to the forum need help with my PC my older brother is an eejit and has installed all this crap on the computer. We had a virus on it last year and its never been the same can someone help me to sort it out?!It slower than it used to be...at the moment it takes ages to bring up the internet pages (we are on broad band).. and i haven't been abel to defrag it for ages because it wont do it!please help!

The Hitman

If you really think it is a virus, then go to a software store and purchase Norton antivirus or even McAfee antivirus. Running slow eh? ok, I don't know what type of Operating system your using, but I may be able to help. Click "Start" then "Run" in the blank dialog box, type: "MSCONFIG" and press enter. Now, click the "Startup" tab to the far right and remove all of the checks in the checkboxes. Click "Apply" then when it ask you to restart your computer click "yes". When your computer comes back up, test it to see if there is an improvement. If there isn't much difference, then do the process again but this time, you put the checkmarks back in the boxes and restart.

There are a lot of other ways we can speed up your computer, but without knowing the version of your windows, there isn't too much to say.

Rick G

try goiong into the virtual memory settings and change it to 0, reboot and go back into virtual memory and reset it to the oeiginal setting (around 146M).