Hostforums.com

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Just launched the third forum in the network
http://www.hostforums.com
I am using phpbb to start off with, but will most likely upgrade to vbulletin if and when it takes off. This year I am working to a strict budget.

AainaalyaA

aren't we all? Well I've just "launched" my personal site, and i believe I like it for once.. I'll be spending more time there now.. and no, as MoonDancer thinks, its not a hate site.

AA

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Doesnt look anything like a hate site to me.
I like your baby pic and caption "At the age of 1, I was already a star" :)

Christopher

VIP Member
Congrats ian, starting up your own little network eh? ;) Going to be hard to manage and promote them all at once, no?

And AA, a great site :) Doesn't sound like a hate site at all -- its inspiring.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Going to be hard to manage and promote them all at once, no?
Nah, it is easy cause like there is only two members there :)
Congrats ian, starting up your own little network eh? ;)
Just seemed a waste to let a good domain go to waste. And it didnt cost me a cent extra to start, so I said what the heck!

Christopher

VIP Member
Computerforum and hostforum are both great domains -- have you been hanging onto them for a while? I'd think they'd be snatched up quickly.

AainaalyaA

I think if ian pushes around all the forums he's a member in, i wouldn't be surprised to see it moving up.. another way to get it really bustling with "hosters" et all is to be listed on hosting directories... most of them don't even charge a cent

AainaalyaA

i just don't get it... i keep on working on photoshop and the slices look terrible on mozilla... it seems everything is smooth on IE or avant browser but with Mozilla and Netscape it looks really shity.. should I classify it as CSS Inline rather than tables when slicing? any idea?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I have had the hostforums.com domain since the start of 2002 when I registered it. It is not the best one, but all of the others are gone, so it will have to do.
hostforum now has 3 members... it's rising fast!
Yes, a meteoric rise :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, there will eventually be no more than 5 forums in the network, whilst the new ones would start with phpbb, they would eventually be upgraded to vbulletin.
Also they would have an integrated look, just with different colors. But those are long term plans.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
one will be on search engines, and the fifth is not 100% confirmed yet.....

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Is it easy to migrate your forums from phpbb to vbulletin?
It is easy, a piece of cake, domainnameforums.com used to run on phpbb.com for long before wmf. It was only recently upgraded to vbulletin.