How big is your Hard Drive?

WeatherMan

Hi peeps,

Was looking around the forum and can't seem to find a thread on hard drive sizes, Just post how big your drives are and what you have in total (gb) or tb for some people:p .

I have 320gb's
a
Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 320gb ( SATA )

Thought this would actually be enough for me but now with all the downloaded dvds/tv recordings/dvd/cd ripping iv managed to use almost 140gb in about a week:eek: I can see an upgrade is gonna be needed in the near future:rolleyes: Im thinking another 80 ATA133 + 250 SATA300, making a total of 650gb:)

Burgon

My is 20GB, LOL (enough for me, never got to the edge)
Romember one of those first apple laptops?
yea i have 200Kb storage!
LOL

Jet

VIP Member
you should make a poll with 20GB, 40GB, 60GB, 80GB, 120GB, 160GB, 200GB, 250GB, 320GB, etc.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
80G in the desktop, 60G in the laptop, 40G in the Mac. I have an external 80G drive, a spare 80G IDE, and the 200G I'm trying to sell -.- PLEASE BUY IT!!!

*cough* OK, anyway, I have a few other drives/computers as well, but nothing else is really worth listing. Perhaps one day I'll make an 80G network drive or something...

Livzz

geez you guys have some huge storage!
in my old computer i have 40Gb + 8Gb, and in my new computer (gonna pick it up wednesday) i'm gonna have 74Gb, and eventually get another 250Gb...

helmie

Just the one 250GB WD 16MB SATAII HDD. Im hoping to get another one and put it in RAID 0, should be fun :D

SFR

Truth fears no questions
I have two 250GB drives on my Dell machine. I have 160GB on my HP Server and 80GB on an old custom built machine. I also have a 500GB External Harddrive from g-tech attached to my HP and a 250GB Iomega Network Drive.

tweaker

VIP Member
160GB in the Intel box,
250GB in the AMD box.

I've ordered a 300GB Seagate though along with some other stuff, should be here next week. Making a total of 710GB.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
Main box is 80GB master, 20GB slave, and only came close to filling the 80 once.
Backup Pentium I box: 4.3GB LOLOL

Stupid question, but what on earth do you guys fill hundreds of gigs of space with??

Tom

Last edited:

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
OvenMaster said:
Stupid question, but what on earth do you guys fill hundreds of gigs of space with??

Tom
Raw video files is what i would assume alot of people fill there big hard drives up with, thos files are huge

tweaker

VIP Member
OvenMaster said:

Tom

Primary media editing, it takes alot of space for me. Also my fiber is capable of around 3.5GB of data/hour.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Between VB, ASP, java, MFC, and C applications I have created and 3D animations (NURBS), recorded television shows, a few websites, a ton of clip art and music files... I have only used about 600GB... still have about 900GB free..