How do you start a computer store?

alienationware

For a semi-noob who likes computers, How do you find suppliers to supply you with stuff to sell? And is it illegal say to sell stuff really cheap? I'm just curious, cuz I thought that in the future, if I had lots of spare money, I might as well invest it opening a computer store instead of having it sit around.

dansilva

if u have a broad knowledge of computers n have the skills then instead of getting a supplier you can build computers (custom made) and sell them at a reasonable profitable price, if not take orders to build computers and if the customer pays for the parts all u do is charge for the labour, if not you charge them a good price for complete custom made computer.

well thats my thoughts for your idea

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
if u have a broad knowledge of computers n have the skills then instead of getting a supplier you can build computers (custom made) and sell them at a reasonable profitable price
Yea but to do that you need to get custom parts ... for which you need a supplier..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
how about odering parts from online stores whatever store that gives you a great deal, value for money.
Certainly not enough profit margin in there (enough for side money not enough to live on)... essentially what you'll wanna:
1. Get a company, business and retail license
2. Then you have access to reseller pricess and can deal with wholesalers directly
Then all you need is a customer base :)

dansilva

good point, you only be able to make a little profit if u were to order parts from online stores. perhaps getting a retail license then start the business is a decent way for a start.

alienationware

wut kind of profit can the store expect?

Wut kind of profit can the store expect? I read somewhere that 1000 CPU's of the latest speed/type sell for around $2000-$3000 lot. Is this true. If it were, this would mean 1 CPU (say 3.40GHz) =$2-$3!