how fast is T1 T2 and T3

flame1117

banned
how fast is a T1 a T2 and a T3 conection.

I think I heard T2 is slower then T1 and T3 is faster then all of them or something like that?idk thats why I'm asking :)

Also are the T's types of conections or just a defined "Speed"

TonyBAMF

T1 - 1.544 megabits per second (24 DS0 lines)
T2 - 6.31 megabits per second (96 DS0 lines)
T3 - 43.232 megabits per second (28 T1s)
OC3 - 155 megabits per second (84 T1s)
OC12 - 622 megabits per second (4 OC3s)
OC48 - 2.5 gigabits per seconds (4 OC12s)
OC192 - 9.6 gigabits per second (4 OC48s)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

joshj

According to that, it looks like T1 is just a little faster than alot of DSL and cable, and slower than some higher speed DSL and cable. Is that true? I always thought that T1 was alot faster.

Geoff

VIP Member
joshj said:
According to that, it looks like T1 is just a little faster than alot of DSL and cable, and slower than some higher speed DSL and cable. Is that true? I always thought that T1 was alot faster.

It is true that the download speed of T1 is around the same or a little slower then some cable internet providers. Although, unlike cable/dsl, T1 has an upload speed of 1.544MBps, so in other words, you have the same download and upload speed. Great for hosting online games, hosting a server, or upload a lot of file to the internet.

sidthereal

phewee!!!
er, another thing..is the T1 connection lines, exclusive to America,
i stay in India, and ive persoanally never come across ads or services of T1, T2 or T3 speeds.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
They are pretty much everywhere, I don't see why India wouldn't have them, being the outsource destination I'd imagine they need a lot of up/download speed

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
correct me if i'm wrong, but,... i believe that T1's are only zoned for businesses, and are generally not allowed in residential homes.

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
think i might have to save up a bit for that, lol. and then that would only get me a months subscription...... damn antion, why is this world so cruel.

sidthereal

Cromewell said:
They are pretty much everywhere, I don't see why India wouldn't have them, being the outsource destination I'd imagine they need a lot of up/download speed
u wont beleive the ridiculous rates major players charge here,

il give u an example on my account, state run dsl service, gives a download limit of 2.5gb a month!
and theyre schemes which r cheaper, offering only 500mb a month!

Hello

banned
Pretty sure I download what ever I feel like it a month lol. I have between T1 and T2 with test's I have taken.