how long did it took u to build ur 1st pc?

kof2000

took me 2 hours i think, actually i had to wait a day cuz the cpu and ram didnt came till the next day right after the case arrived.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
40 minutes to assemble
20 hours to fold the wires and do the wiremanagement
2 hours to install the OS and applications
2 weeks to tweak it down

kof2000

the wires are a mess, not sure how i'll hide those or something theyarent long enough lol u use extension or something?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the wires are a mess, not sure how i'll hide those or something theyarent long enough lol u use extension or something?
A lot of people like shrink and looms etc. Im poor so i just fold.... very carefully. As for length, my wires ARE long enough (36" and 48" mostly)

grimloch

ive seen it done in about 30 minutes to get the thing built and a while sorting other things out, the longest thing was the cpu fan ''clipping'' it on was quite the hassle

shaidi

After i get all the components down. i start to assemble would take me about 20-30min. Partitioning + Formating + full OS + service packs 1 & 2 for XP would take 2hrs.

total or 3Hrs i would get a fully loaded system plus installed programs (Office 2003, MSN 6.2, Yahoo MSGER, and others)

4W4K3

VIP Member
i think 3 hrs to build/install all fans/wire management (not too good)/place lights/all that crap.
about 2 days to get the Os installed/hook up to the network/configure all the network settings and create me a new account/and get the necessary benchmarking/temp monitoring apps installed
then probably about 2-3 weeks to get it overclocked, fine tuned, and benched and tested. so basically a month on average to get the PC exactly as i want it, but i change it over everyday so its never really done lol. i always overclock it just to see if i can get an extra 1mhz or 2 outta it.