How to check the amperage being put out by my USB ports?

The VCR King

Recently my USB ports have sucked at charging things. My phone when plugged in used to be able to charge from 0% to 100 in about an hour. Now it takes about 2-1/2 hours. My 6000mAh power bank has been plugged into my front USB port for 2 days now and it is still flashing at 1 bar (low/dead).

Everything else about the PC and USB ports is normal. Things are still syncing and working as they should be. As a matter of fact this post was typed on my wireless USB keyboard.

Agent Smith

Perhaps the batteries are now dated and old? As they get older it will take longer to charge. It has nothing to do with the power being sent from your computer. You can even go into device manager under the USB hubs and look at the mA output.

The VCR King

Perhaps the batteries are now dated and old? As they get older it will take longer to charge. It has nothing to do with the power being sent from your computer. You can even go into device manager under the USB hubs and look at the mA output.
My phone is 2 years old and the power bank I've had for about 2 as well

Darren

Staff member
Charging devices via USB on computers usually sucks. I have noticed some computers charge crazy fast but it always seems inconsistent regardless of how many "fast charge" drivers I install on them.

The VCR King

Charging devices via USB on computers usually sucks. I have noticed some computers charge crazy fast but it always seems inconsistent regardless of how many "fast charge" drivers I install on them.
Thing is, my PC could charge my phone and power bank relatively quickly until recently. My MSI SuperCharger says it is still turned on so IDK what's up.