i am going to get a new computer, need help

jazzband4ever

hi,

i am looking to get a new computer and i was looking to see if you guys could tell me if this computer is good and campatible with all the parts, o yea, this computer is for gaming and i only really have a $1500 to $2000 to spend. thanx.

Case:
New!!! ALUMINUM X-Navigator Server 500W W/ Window & Temp Dis,Fan Control+ 3 Swapable Face Plates (BLACK w/ Blue, Black, & Silver Face Plate)

Motherboard:
(939-pin Socket) ASUS A8V DELUXE VIA K8T800 MAINBOARD WITH LAN, USB2.0, IEEE, & AUDIO

CPU:
(939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3500+ Processor

Ram:
Corsair XMS PRO High Performance Memory w/ Heat Spreader & LED Lights (two 512 mb chips)

Hard Drive:
Western Digital 80GB 7200RPM ATA 100 8MB Special Editon

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB AGP8X w/TVO&DVI- Require Min. 480W Power

Cd Drive/burner: Any 52x drive

DVD Burner: Any 8x to 16x

mgoldb2

VIP Member
looks good to me. If I was you I would consider getting a seperate sound card instead of what onboard. I have notice in many games you cant hear the extreme lows unless you have a decent sound card.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
sound card I would get and the one that I just bought
soundblaster audigy2 zs
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=29-102-171&depa=0

I linked you to the gamer edition the only difference between this and the non gammer edition is the gammer edition comes with 5 games (jedi acanmedy, halo, rainbow 6 3, splinter cell, tomb raider) right now at newegg at least the gamer edition after rebates is cheaper so it no reason not to take the 5 games.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i am looking to get a new computer and I was looking to see if you guys could tell me if this computer is good and campatible with all the parts, o yea, this computer is for gaming and I only really have a $1500 to $2000 to spend. thanx.
Compatible but a waste to connect the video and ram to such a relatively underperformed CPU (and chipset). You're better off with a A64-3800 on a NF3-250 with a 6800GT and Corsair XMS but thats just my thought :)

k, sounds like a plan, but where would you recommend to get one, and do you have a brand you like
Any store really..

alienware might be good ?
New topic = new thread.