I applied for moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob1989

banned
I applied to be a moderator on this forum but the first time they said no, the second time I put more effort into the reason why I want to be a moderator and I have not got a reply yet.

I do have some experience in moderating.

Jimbob

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Harrassing members about their status and rankings is not a good way to get to be a moderator, experience or otherwise :) If you put your application in then it will be processed and evaluated :)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Well I replied to your first application saying that it was declined.
Moderator applications are usually kept confidential.
But since you brought this second application out in public, I will reply in public.
Jimbob, if you would like to become a moderator here, I think you are wasting your time, best to try another forum.
Reason, yes I believe people deserve second chances, I am pleased to see you try and change and make an effort, but you threatened a lot of people last time, one of whom I consider a very good friend. So in summary, your second application is also declined.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
DK999k said:
Can i be a moderator? (dont look at my post count)
From the application form
In order to be considered for a moderator position, users should have at least 200 posts, so that administrators can assess their suitability.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Can I be a moderator? (dont look at my post count)
You can certainly apply. The two tangible requirements are fairly straightfoward:
- Some degree of technical expertise
- The ability to be open-minded and give useful, realistic advice
There are some more abstract type requirements but that just takes a bit of common sense :) (oh, and what Ian said)

Status
Not open for further replies.