I need help please!

CodeName47

hello every one!
i am new member at this wonderful forum... :D

i have 2 computers, one is connected with cable connection to the internet (by network card, not USB connection)...and the other one who is leptop...isn`t connected to the internet...but he have also network card....so i tried to unplug the (network) wire that connected to the modem ..and then i tried to plug him to my leptop...and in this way to do kind of network connection between the two computers...
but the problem is that the computers aren`t recognizing each other...
my question is...how can i simply unplug (sometimes) my pc from the modem and conect him to my leptop (network connection, so i can transfer files from one to another...etc`)...and once i finish with them...to plug my pc back to the modem (that was connected to the internet..) in other words...how can i have two different networks by using one wire without any hub :confused:

hope u got my porblem :rolleyes: ...thanks for helping! :cool:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
To connect 2 computers directly (without a hub or router), you need to have a crossover cable. So first check what cable you have for the connection with the modem. Look at the two connectors and compare with these pictures:

cable-straight.gif

cable-crossover.gif

CodeName47

i have 2 wires...

about the wires...
one is like the one that u posted below...
and the other is kind different (i think)...the one who i use to connect him to the modem...
in other words i have 2 different wires...one of them i used to connect between my two computers...and one of them i am using to connect through one computer to the modem...
i don`t think that they are the same...so that makes the problem that i can`t connect with the same wire the two computers apart and the internet to one computer apart...
:confused:

Last edited:

CodeName47

at last...i succeded to install the network between the two computers...everthing worked grate... :D
and after that i replaced the wires and then connected the modem back again...
so now i just have to unplug the modem connection replace the wires and connect to the other computer... :D and that worked!!! :cool:

but...there is still one opend question...
if i will buy a `hub`...and i will do kind of 3 connections...from one computer to the modem and from the modem to the hub...and from the hub a connection to the other computer....
is it gonna work?!
hope so...mean time my problem is solved...if u have any sugestion or any thing else...tell me please...thanks for helping!!! :cool: