I need help with a virus

MC777

Hey,

I have certain problem. As soon as I turn on my computer it starts but then it turns off and on. This continues and my computer never displays my desktop so I can't run any antivirus program. I also tried inserting my antivirus program cd but it says that no virus has been detected. Is there any way I coul get rid off this without restoring my computer.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
How soon does the system restart itself? (i.e., before you see the Windows logo etc)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It could have several reasons to act like that: driver issue, CPU overheating, failing hard disk, etc.
Did you install lately some new hardware (or newer version of drivers)?
What's the temperature reading in BIOS?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
It would really help if you made mention of what the last thing you did on your computer.

MC777

I didn't install any new harware and it doesn't allow me to view anything since it turns off after it shows the windows logo

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
I don't have any antivirus (never had one) so that's why I have less trouble with my computer... :)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
so you updated Norton then what? you rebooted and this happened? or did it take awhile?

Could be a virus or hardware failure. See if it's software (virus) or anything software related then chances are pretty good that you'd be able to get into your system via safe mode. beings you cannot do that it's possible that it's hardware. Unless you've got stuff on that disk you just simply cannot lose then perhaps it would be more simple to just reformat and start fresh. if it's software it'll fix itself, if it's hardware then you'll know for sure.

Last edited:

MC777

I turned it off and then when I turned it back on, it happened. It doesn't allow me to enter in safe mode.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well that is strange indeed! hmmmm, as I said already though if it was a software prob. then I really dont see Y you could not boot into safe mode. perhaps it is hardware. bad sectors on your hd for example, could be a device driver even.

Also have you just let it sit for awhile b4 trying to boot it? perhaps it could have overheated.

Also how many sticks of ram are in the system? try taking out one then the other.

Last edited: