I need help!!!

BadGirl

Hi i am new to this forum and i have a problem. My computer is hooked up to a network controlled by my B/F and he likes to change stuff on my computer to make me mad. I have XP and when you click on start at the top it usually says lthe user name, but he likes to change it to stupid stuff does anyone know how i can get in there to change it back :eek: if so please tell me how.

Fure6

I think I know what you're talking about...i thought you could control that with right clicking the name and selecting properties, but you can't.

do this:
Start>Control panel>User accounts/ After that, click on your account name and choose 'change my name'. If your boyfriend isn't nice, he might have set your account settings to where you can't change it...:( If you can change it, then that means that you can change his name!

edit:

you can also change your picture if you want. :p

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Start>Control panel>User accounts/ After that, click on your account name and choose 'change my name'
Beat ya to it :p

If your boyfriend isn't nice, he might have set your account settings to where you can't change it...
It's WindowsXP there's always a way around it :p

BadGirl

i am not seeing where it sayes to change name. i am just seeing add (new account) remove and properties

Fure6

humm... try properties.

Is diffrent names poping up? Are you on a network where the computer you're on only has one user (yourself)?

I'm not sure, and praetor probably already replied, but you might have to check your network settings?

BadGirl

he is a user too. I know i am a administrator. And when i click properties it is just talking about lmaking me a restricted user and stuff. nothing about changing it. i did see my computer name is the same it is just when i click start and at the top he can change what that says (from his computer) the bad thing he is a computer freak lol i just wanna show him i can change it too! lol

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I think you missed a step in there... :) See the pictures :)

Attachments

• WXP01.jpg
    WXP01.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 117
  • WXP02.jpg
    WXP02.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 96
  • WXP03.jpg
    WXP03.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 92