i wanna know

SIRCOOKS

i wanna know if any of you guys have a 200 or 250 gb hds, reason being i have had alot of them but to my experince they tend to fail, is there something i should constantly do to maintain health, eg, keep the drive working hard, i have a 250gb maxtor 7200 rpm drive, chock full of music, and im just lost for words at trying to keep these thngs going. mind you i do run my computer hard, i leave it on for days at a time just downloading stuff, and encoding movies. its near a window for ventilation and i think it has ample fans and everything else, can anyone plz recomend something to elongate the life of my drive...holla back

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
i wanna know if any of you guys have a 200 or 250 gb hds, reason being I have had alot of them but to my experince they tend to fail
I got a whole crapload at home and not one's failed yet.

mind you I do run my computer hard, I leave it on for days at a time just downloading stuff, and encoding movies
Thats not working-hard as far as a HDD is concerned. Uber-thrashing is more streneous

its near a window for ventilation and I think it has ample fans and everything else, can anyone plz recomend something to elongate the life of my drive...holla back
Get active cooling and clean power.