IEEE 1394 - is this needed?!

arjhay

Hi. I have a digicam and bought a MAGIX MOVIE EDIT PRO 2004. So, I installed the CD and connect the digicam into the PC to start copying/burning it to CD... so i can share the movie to my friends and watch them in TV.. Do I really need the FIREWIRE 1EEE 1394 to burn CD's?!?! or do you know any way to burn w/o it?! Coz i don't have money to buy it... Please help.. thank you.

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
As far as I know connecting the digicam using USB port leads to low resolution capture. Firewire connection is needed if you want to make really good capture.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You dont need firewire. As long as you're not using USB1 (i.e., 1.5-12Mbs) but rather USB "2" (480Mbs) then you'll be fine (you'll need either that or Firewire)

syabab

I use SonyDV, and it has both firewire & usb connection..
To transfer video (on the tape) to pc, I must use firewire.
To transfer picture & video (mpg) from memory card, I use usb

M Fairuz

arjhay

Lorand said:
As far as I know connecting the digicam using USB port leads to low resolution capture. Firewire connection is needed if you want to make really good capture.

So I need to buy one? Do you know how much is it?

arjhay

Praetor said:
You dont need firewire. As long as you're not using USB1 (i.e., 1.5-12Mbs) but rather USB "2" (480Mbs) then you'll be fine (you'll need either that or Firewire)

I have a USB but i don't know how much "mbs" has it.

arjhay

syabab said:
I use SonyDV, and it has both firewire & usb connection..
To transfer video (on the tape) to pc, I must use firewire.
To transfer picture & video (mpg) from memory card, I use usb

M Fairuz

i'm also using sony .. but it hasn't got any firewire included.. only USB... so did you buy a software to transfer the videos to cd??

syabab

i'm also using sony .. but it hasn't got any firewire included.. only USB... so did you buy a software to transfer the videos to cd??

That depends on the model.. I'm using MiniDV trv 33e, and the firewire (ilink) port in included. I just have to buy firewire card and cable.

M Fairuz

arjhay

syabab said:
That depends on the model.. I'm using MiniDV trv 33e, and the firewire (ilink) port in included. I just have to buy firewire card and cable.

M Fairuz

mine is dcr trv 22E... i bought a firewire today but it doesn't fit my PC! =( i'm really confused.

arjhay

doesn't matter guys.. i already bought a firewire.. and it is working now.. thanks a lot to all those who replied..