Im a new pc builder (newb) and need some feedback on the topic of motherboards

silicon-thumb

I would like someone's opinion about Chaintech motherboards. Are they reliable? I noticed that a couple of my drivers for onboard components were not compatible with windows although it says that windows is compatible with the motherboard. Just to set the record straight, I have already purchased a chaintech and am just curious to see how big a mistake i have made and if I might have to replace it anytime soon. Thank you!

kalson

well ... i dont really like chaintech's mobo , since i had 1 b4 and it sucked ... i suggust get asus or msi mobo those are good

kalson

yep ... good o msi , but dont get their nvidia cards !!! they suk now , b4 they were good , but now they made it crappy

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
need some feedback on the topic of motherboards
Chaintech typically caters to the "looks but no performance" crowd interested in "bling bling" (much like DFI). If you want a solid mobo, hunt down ASUS, Abit or MSI.

yep ... good o msi , but dont get their nvidia cards !!! they suk now , b4 they were good , but now they made it crappy
What was "before" and what is "now"? And how exactly did they "suck"? :) Their GF4Ti4400 and their GFX5700 are very well done and by far and large they have the same practises, techniques and approaches as ASUS.

Lanther

I prefer Gigabyte but have built systems with ASUS and ABIT boards and they work well. Am currently trying out an XFX Mach 4 board.