Im getting bored of my Video Card

DrCuddles

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
If money's not a problem, why not get the GTX rather than the GTS? Or, why not save up a bit more and get whatever card's best when UT3 comes out? Even if it's still the 8800, I'm sure it'll be cheaper.

DrCuddles

Hmmmm, but i want it soonish, and i cant be bothered saving up for too long, so money is under budget, about £200

DrCuddles

You've played all the modern games on that? Really? Did you have them all on low?

No, i have to admit, not the highes setting, but the defaults for my PC are high
So, no funny business you :) i hand picked this piece of crap and it was kick ass at the time :D

polardude1983

they are the same card but different brands..geforce does make the card..but different brands make the board...one brand is PNY though still a GeForce graphics card..the other brand is novatech though still a GeForce card

Kornowski

VIP Member
No, i have to admit, not the highes setting, but the defaults for my PC are high
So, no funny business you i hand picked this piece of crap and it was kick ass at the time

lol :p

One thing you have to look at, What are the 12v rails on your PSU?

Kornowski

VIP Member
I dont know, dont even know what you mean by that, never heared of that before

Well, look at the side of your power supply, it should give you a load of numbers, find what it says next to or under the +12v rail... It'll need to be pretty high, also, I heard that it needs a minimum of a 450watt PSU, what do you have?

DrCuddles

Well, look at the side of your power supply, it should give you a load of numbers, find what it says next to or under the +12v rail... It'll need to be pretty high, also, I heard that it needs a minimum of a 450watt PSU, what do you have?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks, it says 120/230 V but i've got it set to 230V, hmmm will need a new PSU aswell then :) no problem :D

DrCuddles

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just found out from my dad, that i was wrong about that value, thats something else :confused:

On the recipet it says 450V :D so i've got that covered

Kornowski

VIP Member
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just found out from my dad, that i was wrong about that value, thats something else

On the recipet it says 450V so i've got that covered

Yeah, but you could have a really bad ampage on the 12v rail, look it up!!!

Gareth couldn't have it in his laptop, think about it C'mon, How would you get a full size PCI-e card in a laptop, it just wouldn't happen.

Anyway, I have the XFX 7900GS XT version, this one:

7900gs%20xt.jpg