Inbound sound problem

Aragor

I just bought a new computer which has a M2N32 SLI-Deluxe mobo. I use the onboard sound card and have already installed its drivers.

Now I can listen music just fine and I hear MSN's warning sounds, but when I try to use Teamspeak or "phone calls" via MSN messenger, I cant hear anyone, but those I speak with can hear me speaking in my mic.

Anyone has any clue about what I could do to solve that? :(

PC eye

banned
That sounds more like a connection problem rather then a driver or setting configuratio while not ruling out the last. On a dsl router here only the host pc can be used for chat rooms. Straight dsl doesn't allow audio without the NIK or modem card installed.

PC eye

banned
How are you connecting to the internet? dialup, dsl, cable? If it is not the connection being a problem as in dsl or cable then the line-in isn't fully enabled or configured by the software. Another item when using onboard rather then a pci card is the Windows sound mixer. If the advanced setting is unchecked and disabled you wouldn't hear the incoming sound.

Aragor

Ok so here's what was wrong : I had 2 sound cards installed on my computer for some reason, one of those I dont even have and I have no clue how it got installed there. After uninstalling but the correct soundcard and the WTF?!? one, I installed the drivers of my onboard soundcard and now everything works. Must have been a conflict between both soundcard drivers.

Thanks for the help anyway!

PC eye

banned
Two sound cards? That would definitely be both a software and hardware conflict as well. You would certainly see a driver conflict at times. Hopefully you stay with the better of the two there.