Increasing drive space on computer

951Michael

Hello everyone, I would like to increase the drive space on my labtop. I can use a usb to do this. What is the most reliable external drive out there. It will be plugged in all the time. I did this once but it was a long time ago and that external drive broke. Was looking for something very reliable.

Thanks

beers

Staff member
For reliability you'd want a flash based drive (like actual SSD with wear leveling and stuff), what's your budget and what are your capacity goals?

Also increasing the internal drive may be a moderate amount of initial work, but would save you convenience every time you'd have to leverage that storage.

951Michael

I would like around 128 gb and my budget is well... hard to tell. If this thing is known to be durable and last a good amount of time I'll fork over more for it but if there are still people complaining I might forgo it if it is expensive. Can you give a link as to what you have in mind? thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
500gb External SSD.

What size hard drive is currently in your laptop? It might make better sense to get a new internal SSD drive if the laptop is new enough.