Integrated sound dying.

Greg J.

VIP Member
For the last 2 years, I've had to turn my speaker system off, then back on when the sound became distorted. No matter what adjustments I made in the Sound options panel, it just later comes back. Crackling, grinding, sounds and distorted and disproportionate music volume are all irritating issues. My computer power plug is not grounded (the power strip's ground prong is ripped off). The speakers I'm using are Boston's 3 piece (two desktop speakers with a subwoofer), high-end quality. The integrated sound seems to have the newest drivers (sound max digital sucks, I know.) What can I do to stop this annoying stuff? Would it be wise to run my computer over with my mini-van? :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My computer power plug is not grounded (the power strip's ground prong is ripped off
Might consider getting a cable for that ~$5

The integrated sound seems to have the newest drivers (sound max digital sucks, I know.)
Try some of the older drivers. Also try lowering the system volume and increasing the speaker volume :)

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
It seems to me that you have a dying capacitor in the speakers' amplifier...
First of all let's see if the distortions are caused by the sound card or not: plug in a headphone instead of the speakers in the card's audio out and check if the sound quality remains constant or not.

tristan

Check inside your case for a grounding problems (pins or parts touching case) Replace the powerstip with one that has a ground also.

Greg J.

VIP Member
Electrical outlets not grounded. headphones same.

Its the same thing. Most of my electrical outlets in my house are not grounded. Hee, hee, I'm screwed? :mad:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
You could ground your computer wrapping one end of a wire around a water pipe and attach the other end to the computer case. Of course, this works with metallic pipes only...