Intel Pro wireless g 2200

dgaley27

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the combination of intel wireless g 2200 pro with the Netgear WGR614NA router. Thanks for your help

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Dunno abou the wireless chip there but my friend's got the WGR614NA there and it has been fairly reliable (although it did just fail recently; i've yet to ascertain the cause).

Anything in particular you were looking for about those two? :)

dgaley27

just need to get a router soon, saw a good deal and was going to act fast... curious if anyone has tried this combination. Thanks for the quick response

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well I dont have that specific combination, the router there is a decent one although if you are finicky about performance have a go at Linksys as their wireless routers are quite stable, even at range :)

dgaley27

Ive looked at some linksys routers also, but they were not recieving as good as reviews as this netgear. I found the netgear for 49.99 after rebates, but also was looking at Linksys WRT54G for 59.99, do you think this setup would be much more stable?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking to get my wireless setup going and im currently considering the WRT54G and the .... well, that's about it (ok maybe the D-Link 704+ but they are roughly the same price so i'm gonna get the Linkey most likely).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah tell me about it... realistically, it shouldnt matter all that much which router you get because none of them will xfer at their theoretical speed anyways so go ahead and grab the Netgear if it's on sale :)

dgaley27

ok... been a long day, first my radiator blew and now i cant get my wireless router to work. Ive been messing with it all day, my laptop reads the signal, gets great reception at that, but something is severely wrong with my IP address. I cant get it. when i go into the profile/properties it is unavailable, and ive tried running ipconfig in dos and returns nothing. what can possible be going on for me to have lost this ability to get on the internet. please help, must get something right today. one more thing when in properties for my wireless connection and check the properties of TCP/IP it also wont retrieve anything. i cant make a static IP address, and im about to lose it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
- Firstly try disabling WAP Encryption and any fancy security thingys
- Second, try removing all the (wireless) networks established by going to Network Settings and then deleting the wireless ones
- Then reboot and try reinstalling them :)