IP question

jrayvaughan

I have a question, about something that I was told. I recently bought the game UT2004, and was playing it just fine. Many of the people here at my school are using it. However, one of the people got banned from a very popular server for some reason. However, his IP wasnt the only one banned due to the fact that most of our campus has the same basic IP....the only part that changes are the last three digits. I was told that there is a program, or some method, to make it appear that you are using a different IP than you really are. Is this true??? if so, then could someone please tell me how to do it so that I can actually play.

weed

well basically wat ur asking for is a proxy sever... the problem with some of they will slow down ur network..have a look at myforum a more detailed explanation of it..
if u google up proxy servers u should be able to find sites and free programs which do that for u..which are a bit faster than the one in the forum below..

http://www.fanbb.com/zimgeeks/index.php?showtopic=9

Last edited:

Jimbob1989

banned
Isn't there something called an IP Cloaker which can change your IP Address but i'm not sure if it is legal or not.

Jimbob