is the ATI Radeon 9250 256mb agp good for gaming?

tdeath101

someone told me it could handle games like F.E.A.R or Half-life 2....dam what is a good video card around that area then?

4W4K3

VIP Member
nope, not the latest games. some "newer" games on low-medium settings sure. i wouldn't be trying far cry or oblivion or doom3 or anything...

to play those you' have to have just about every setting set to low and all options off, would look crappy.

not much in the budget card area that can play newer games and still look good. maybe a 6600GT or something cheap but supported?

Geoff

VIP Member
For your budget of $45, I would say something along the lines of an FX5500. It wont be able to play the newest games such as FEAR or Half-Life 2 on high settings, but depending on your CPU, you may be able to play them on low-mid settings.

tweaker

VIP Member
tdeath101 said:
i just need a good video card that lets me play with low-medium settings around 44 dollars
Well you'll need to double that budget as a bare minimum if you want to run the latest games. Even then you shouldnt expect it to run the latest games on anything but the lower settings.

Burgon

tweaker said:
Well you'll need to double that budget as a bare minimum if you want to run the latest games. Even then you shouldnt expect it to run the latest games on anything but the lower settings.
Yea all the better cards are about 100$, So you will need to spend about 50 more bucks on it

Geoff

VIP Member
tweaker said:
I agree. If you do come up with that money, two good cards in that price range would the the 9600XT or the 9800PRO (9800PRO would be on the high-end of your budget).

ceewi1

VIP Member
If you really are that concerned about the price, my pick would be a 9600Pro @ $45. It'll do a decent job with games such as Half Life 2 at low-medium settings, but really isn't for modern gaming. You'd be best off to save up a bit more money.