Is this a good gaming computer?

MasakiK

Is this a good gaming computer for parts and price?
All in Canadian Dollars.
CPU AMD ATHLON 64 2800+ (512K L2 Cache) - $209.97
HD PC 160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA 8MB CACHE - $149.97
MEMORY 512MB DDR PC400 x 2 - $209.94
MB ASUS A7V8X-X KT400 sA w/ A & L -$79.97
VC ATI RADEON 9800 PRO 128MB DDR DVI TVO - $310.97

$ 960.82

Thanks for the help just give me suggestions to add or remove from what i got here.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Its nice but theres no way youre gonna fit the CPU onto that motherboard :p (they are incompatible.... also, you should be able to nail that mobo for $75CAD ... $70 if you look around). Memory is a tad on the expensive side for no-name

MasakiK

Praetor said:
(they are incompatible.... also, you should be able to nail that mobo for $75CAD

"Nail that mobo" what?

Yeah thanks i'll switch up the board. you Live in or near toronto? you know any good places to buy parts?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
"Nail that mobo" what?
Forget I said that :D

Yeah thanks i'll switch up the board. you Live in or near toronto? you know any good places to buy parts?
I goddamn hate tdot lol too many ... people ... too much ... traffic. Im about 75 minutes west. If you buy your stuff in november you can save tons of money at the computer show

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
As far as i know its called 'the computer show' ... november 24-26 or something like that, some convention hall in TO.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. You save if you're know what you want. Otherwise (a) you become and impulse buyer or (b) you get ripped off (c) go, have fun, and find out

2. Go and find out :)