is this a good list of pc parts

arno

*case: chieftec or tybotech around 40 euros
*power supply: atx 300 w 70 euros
*fan:enermax (9 cm 12 cm )around 12 euro
*motherboard:asus k8v deluxe chipset via k8 t 800 socket 754 sata,raid,.. 117 euro
or *asus a7n8x nforce 2 spp chipset amd socket a gold
*processor : amd but i want a a good won but also won that doesnt cost that much
*ram: 256 mb
around 227euro without case modding and pcu

is this a good set-up :confused: (fil in blacks or correct something ) :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
*case: chieftec or tybotech around 40 euros
Yep or Chenming or Antec or Entec or Silverstone, Thermaltake, LianLi... and so on :p

*power supply: atx 300 w 70 euros
Depends on the make of the PSU

*motherboard:asus k8v deluxe chipset via k8 t 800 socket 754 sata,raid,.. 117 euro
or *asus a7n8x nforce 2 spp chipset amd socket a gold
Depends on the CPU. The K8V is for Socket754 (discontinued) Athon64 cpus while the the A7N is for the AthlonXP line of CPUs. For the AthlonXP that's a good mobo although if you want to got A64 you should consider the Socket939 boards like the A8V because of a longer lifespan and more performance

*ram: 256 mb
You'll probably want 512MB PC2700 as a minimum.

*processor : amd but I want a a good won but also won that doesnt cost that much
AthlonXP 2500 "Barton"

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on the specific version but in about one or two phonecalls I can prolly get ... *dials* ... as low as $250USD but I dont have the foggiest as to what variant of the series that is.... prolly the Socket754 :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Yes exactly which is why i reccomended either the AthlonXP for smaller budgets or the P4C if you want to get a system that will last a bit longer (i.e., i didnt reccomend the Athlon64 or any other A64 chip) :)

arno

(i know but its a good processor )
and pentium 4 is lower in budget and is also great and some people recommend this more

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
(i know but its a good processor )
and pentium 4 is lower in budget and is also great and some people recommend this more
Traditionally/typically/virtually-always, an AthlonXP system will be a cheaper route to go than any equivalent P4 system but I guess realistically it doesnt really matter all that much :) If you dont intend to OC, you're prolly better off with the P4 :)