just wondering what you guys think

im getting tired of my old comp so im going to build a new one.... heres the specs im looking for

raidmax ninja case with red neon lights :)
amd 64 3500 processor
evga n-force-4 mobo
2gb of g-skill ram
nvida geforce 7800gt
1 raptor 37gb hd and 1 200gb hd both sata
creative sound blaster audigy se sound card
all costing me about 600 dollars

ok you might be asking how am i going to get it for 600. well im selling my x850 pro for 250 and a 200gb hard drive i have for like 100. thats like 950 and thats about how mutch im getting all this for. the good thing is im going to have 2 computers. the one i have now im going to take my raptor and 200gb hard drive out of it and then im going to put it into my new computer. the 200gb im selling is extra and i wont need it. so i can have the computer im buying for gaming and my old computer for.... stuff? i know you guys might think this post is totally stupid and theres no point to it i was just bored and wanted to see your thoughts on my selection of items. btw how do you think this would perform in like battlefield2?

Charles_Lee

umm, for that amazing new computer, why don't you get a dual core cpu for the future?
amd 64 35000 is a single core i believe?
get x2 3800,
or go with opteron 165 like me :D

$600~1000 is good price too.

i don't know where i spent $2500 CAN, for my computer, it doesn't even have a good video card. lol

ckfordy

banned
everything looks good. and it will play battlefield 2 just fine. and i think you should upgrade to a dual core cpu.

Cbeck527

ckfordy said:
and i think you should upgrade to a dual core cpu.
I disagree, do not get a dual core yet. Not many game or programs utilize the power of dual core. Later down the line you can upgrade to to dual core without changing your mobo or anything else. The 64 and the X2 are both socket 939, so you can just swap the processor.

Motoxrdude

Cbeck527 said:
I disagree, do not get a dual core yet. Not many game or programs utilize the power of dual core. Later down the line you can upgrade to to dual core without changing your mobo or anything else. The 64 and the X2 are both socket 939, so you can just swap the processor.
IM just wondering why you would want to upgrade twice, instead of just once. WHy not have dual core processor so when programs can utilize them more, you dont have to upgrade?

bigsaucybob

noissesboyobyalp said:
whats better about dual core?

For right now its a much better multitasking processor. but present day single core processors are better for gaming. but very soon games will be able to utilize dual core processors.

i wuld get the dual core now, its futureproof. i think its worth getting now instead of waiting later down the road.

ceewi1

VIP Member
Many new games are already multithreaded. If it were me, I'd get only 1GB of RAM, and put the money into an X2 3800+.

but wait... what does the x2 do different than a regular one that makes it good?

also i am very picky about lag in bf2. i like to have my settings not really maxed out but i want it to look amazing. i was very laggy with my 512 and i havent tried yeat with my gig of pc -4200 ddr2

Last edited:

bigsaucybob

noissesboyobyalp said:
but wait... what does the x2 do different than a regular one that makes it good?

also i am very picky about lag in bf2. i like to have my settings not really maxed out but i want it to look amazing. i was very laggy with my 512 and i havent tried yeat with my gig of pc -4200 ddr2

the X2 is dual core. it multitasks much better. and very soon it will play games much better.

even though i love that case i think i might not get it. the reviews say some bad things. i dont want the case thats going to scratch or break. does anyone know of a really cool looking case like this? im looking for a sorta rounded look to it like the raidmax rx9 and the samurai case. anyone have any suggestions?