Kazaa is Evil. What about Limewire?

alienmidget

Supposively limewire's new 5.9 version is spyware free. I've used 4 spyware programs and they've detected nothing. I've ran AVG and The Cleaner anti-virus programs and nothing. No unusual programs or funny things have happened. Does anyone know if this program is "Safe"?

Adam Warren

i have heard good things of this limewire. i am using bearshare now, and that is good, mild spyware tho, but microsoft spyware thing gets rid of it :)

lynx6200

i dont like kazza personaly, I got lime wire, than switched to limeware pro, which is a bit better, advertisement free, and certainly doesnt have any spyware junk with it.

red onion

Limewire is an ok program, no spyware. Another alternative is Shareaza
Shareaza is opensource, no spyware or adware, and works on Gnutella, Gnutella2 and Bittorrent protocols.

b3n

VIP Member
I used to use kazaa ages ago but its screwed my comp with its spyware. I then tried various other p2p such as Shareza,WarezP2P, eDonkey etc then decided to settle with BearShare and then finally to LimeWire which is the best of all. I like limewire becuase of its good search results and no spyware.

nismoskys

download.com can host products with spyware but they usually tell you like a message on the description that this product contains sumthing that will monitor ur comp or sumthin of the sort.

The-Llamalizer

i dont dabble in any of these things because one, my dad despises p2p people (and i do a little cause its slowly eroding the industries that u love so much) and 2, im pretty darn sure that almost all of them have malicious software w/ them.

Geoff

VIP Member
neochivers said:
im sorry but imesh has it and download provids it
i downloaded several programs from download.com and they contained spyware. And download.com used to host Kazaa.