Lexmark x75 all-in-one printer. HELP!

Hyper_Kagome

Okay. So I've always hated my Lexmark ever since the first time it was saying it couldn't work due to something and to check all plug ins, etc. etc.

I can't remember how I've fixed it then, but out Lexmark came with two disks, I'm sure of it. I can only find one with z23, z33 on it, which just absolutely ANNOYS THE LIVING... annoys the crap out of me.

OKAY. PROBLEM NOW!!:----v
It did the same thing, I tried as it instructed, nothing worked still. Just the scanner.
I uninstalled it all and now when I go to put in the only disk I have, and move the cord to different USB plugs, all I get is this:

There are no valid ports for the driver. Unable to continue installation.

What the crappers?
=[

I miss using my scanner and NOW my printer, too.

--------
EDIT: I HAVE FOUND MY DISKS:
Now I get this:
what.jpg

Last edited:

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Hmm..., do you have high-speed? If so, you should be able to download the drivers and other software on the CD directly from Lexmark's website.

Hyper_Kagome

dflkgjhskdfgsdfg

Wow, this is annoying me. ._.;

The Driver thing isn't doing as it say it will and just.

RAWRRRR.

I downloaded the x75 driver and the patch from Lexmark's site and STILL the same thing.

Have I ever mentioned how much I have a love-hate relationship with computers and electronics?

Last edited:

tobywuk

i have this printer. i just download and installed the drivers and it worked straight...

BUT.. NO DRIVERS FOR VISTA! lexmark have anounced that it will not be supplying drivers or support for there old printers to be used with vista. so i need a new one.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Did you install any sort of new software right before this newest problem started? Specifically, some security updates for Windows? Otherwise, if you're close to needing to replace the cartridges on the machine, I'd scrap it and get a Canon, Epson or HP to replace the piece of crap. As all Lexmark ink machines are...

Hyper_Kagome

We actually have new cartridges in it.

It's done this before on me, only I've somehow gotten it fixed before. Just now, the only response I can get from the computer upon plugging in the USB is to one of the slots in the front, and none in the back.
Once plugged into the front the computer notices new hard wear and all that stuff, but nothing installs, and for some stupid reason I have an install disk for a different model we've NEVER OWNED.

Lets see... it stopped working after I had to unhook everything for the computer to go in to get cleaned of the viruses it had picked up from hell knows where.

Well this is great. I just want my scanner... mom needs the printer..
akdfjghsdf

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Try starting the spooler manually and then installing the drivers. Click on start->run->type 'services.msc'->scroll down until you find Print Spooler->right click it and pick start.

shane1975

The two Lexmark's I've purchased in the past died on me within a year. That was after relatively light use. Never again will I buy a Lexmark.

Hyper_Kagome

Try starting the spooler manually and then installing the drivers. Click on start->run->type 'services.msc'->scroll down until you find Print Spooler->right click it and pick start.

Could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm. But the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service has started right? It should be the only dependency for Print Spooler. To check what else is set as being needed right click on Print Spooler and pick properties. From there click on the dependencies tab, it will take a few seconds to load up. It will tell you what services need to be started for it to start. Start those and see if it works.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked the dependancies for Print Spooler? (how to do this is in the above poset if you don't know) Some driver or program has probably added a non standard service dependency for it which is keeping it from starting. If this other service wont start we can try and remove it from the dependency list as it shouldn't be needed.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, start LexBce. It's part of the lexmark printer drivers. When you got rid of the drivers before it must not have cleaned it up properly. Print Spooler should start up fine after that.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I see. Ok we'll have to remove that then. I'll add to this post or make a new one depending on if there's new ones once I get it all written up. It's not going to be pretty :(

Stupid lexmark./

Edit: nevermind it looks like it will be easy. Hopefully this works:

Open a command prompt and enter this: "sc config spooler depend= RPCSS"

Last edited: