Logitech Z-5500, anyone have them?

randruff

This past weekend, my brother blew the center channel on my current speakers (listed in sig). As the old expression goes "you break it, you buy it". Anyways, I ordered the Logitech Z-5500 speakers which are arriving tommorow. I was just wondering if anyone in here has them and what they think. 98% of the reviews on newegg is nothing but people loving them. Just thought I would get some input from others, thanks.

shupola

i am getting them for x-mas. i have never heard them b4, but i mean can 1047 voters be wrong?

the price is outrageous. almost half of the MSRP listed on www.logitech.com.

shupola

Blue said:
They are very nice :).

does that mean they are the best you have ever heard or just the best for the money?

and how loud do they go? i mean can you crank it up so loud that the windows shake and you cant hear yourself think, cuz THAT is what i want. :D :D :D :D :D

randruff

Ok so I got these things hooked up, wall mounted on Friday. Honestly, and I am an audiophile, these things are insane. I honestly can't beleive they were only $219. Let me put it this way, I can only turn the volume up HALF WAY without risking going deaf or my internal organs shaking to the point of death. The subwoofer is f'n huge. Again, I can only have that 1/2 way up without risking shaking my house too bad (things upstairs falling). @Shupola: If you want a system that goes so loud you can't hear yourself think, definately invest in these. All i can say is, hands down, these are the best computer speakers/bang for your buck on the market. Games, music, and movies have never sounded so good.

shupola

randruff said:
@Shupola: If you want a system that goes so loud you can't hear yourself think, definately invest in these.

i talked my g/f into getting them for me for x-mas. i think she is gonna order them for me today.:) too bad i cant use them til december 25,:( but i think it will be worth the wait.

randruff

shupola said:
i talked my g/f into getting them for me for x-mas. i think she is gonna order them for me today.:) too bad i cant use them til december 25,:( but i think it will be worth the wait.

no no no. no.no.no.no no no no no no no. That is unacceptable.....you need to tell her you'll give her some extra booty for a week or something.....get those ba!tches hooked up.:D

shupola

randruff said:
no no no. no.no.no.no no no no no no no. That is unacceptable.....you need to tell her you'll give her some extra booty for a week or something.....get those ba!tches hooked up.:D

LMFAO!!!!! that is hilarious:D :D . i think i might be able to sweet talk her into it. *LMFAO again*. :D :D

randruff

shupola said:
LMFAO!!!!! that is hilarious:D :D . i think i might be able to sweet talk her into it. *LMFAO again*. :D :D

Seriously, convince her to let you hook em up.....Give her "special attention" until they come (the speakers, get your mind out of the gutter).....You will be so taken by the sound quality, you will sit there and $h!t your pants....which will then cause her to leave.....the bottom line being....you get your speakers blaring with no distractions....god damn.....thats a beautiful plan.....im about ready to go get a girlfriend just so i can try it.

shupola

randruff said:
Seriously, convince her to let you hook em up.....Give her "special attention" until they come (the speakers, get your mind out of the gutter).....You will be so taken by the sound quality, you will sit there and $h!t your pants....which will then cause her to leave.....the bottom line being....you get your speakers blaring with no distractions....god damn.....thats a beautiful plan.....im about ready to go get a girlfriend just so i can try it.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!:D . you are just too funny man!!!!!:) :)

randruff

Beyond said:
do these speakers come ready to be wall mounted or do mounts have to be bought?

The stands that are attached to the speakers "pivot". You can turn them so they are in either in a "sitting" position or a "mounting" position. There is two holes for you to put a screw through and mount to a wall. So yes, they come wall-mountable.

Grimulus

praetor has them I do believe..I think. pretty sure he likes them. I thought about getting them myself. I'm not currently happy with my creatives.

Beyond

randruff said:
The stands that are attached to the speakers "pivot". You can turn them so they are in either in a "sitting" position or a "mounting" position. There is two holes for you to put a screw through and mount to a wall. So yes, they come wall-mountable.

i see.. is the angle upon which they can be mounted limited? also, will the speaker wire come out of the back of both speakers?

randruff

Beyond said:
i see.. is the angle upon which they can be mounted limited? also, will the speaker wire come out of the back of both speakers?

Not really sure exactly what youre asking but ill go ahead and answer anyways. Is the angle limited? yes. When the stands are in wall mount position, they do angle down slightly and you cannot adjust up/down/left/right. The speaker wire does come out the back of the speaker still yes. Another thing i forgot to mention about this set of speakers....the wire it comes with is really long. My previous speakers wire was not close to long enough and that was one real problem i had. I really think Logitech did this right. If you really are interested in seeing how the mounts look, ill take a picture and upload it on here. Let me know if you want me to.

Lamilia

mega10169 said:
Dang if they were $212 here I would have bought two sets by now...unfortunately they are $400, stupid Canada.

so do canadians get paid twice as much money or something i've always wondered. I wish i could afford to pay $200 for a set of speakers

mega10169

Lamilia said:
so do canadians get paid twice as much money or something i've always wondered. I wish i could afford to pay $200 for a set of speakers
Naw I've just had a lot of cash lately, sold some stuff for a bunch of money.