longest time u havent turn off ur pc

kof2000

whats the longest time u had ur pc on for?

i remember i left it on for 6 months luckily there arent any power outages during that period. i'll know cuz i locked it and also i set it to if power is interrupted told it to stay off and not reset or restart.

so how long is urs, this is for regular pc btw not server or something.

Grimulus

um...yeah...i leave mine on until i hear about a thunderstorm. i've known people to lose their computers because of lightning. so yeah...probably about 2 weeks for me.

tristan

Yeah.. I do a lot of modding so maybe 1 week at the most? I always turn mine off for t-storms too.

Grimulus

tristan said:
Yeah.. I do a lot of modding so maybe 1 week at the most? I always turn mine off for t-storms too.

Make sure to pull the plug from the wall too...they can blow from just being plugged in. :)

tristan

Haha.. i was going to say that I do that but figured everyone would get the idea. very true though.

Christopher

VIP Member
I turn mine off when I go to sleep because it makes too much noise and I'm too poor (well, more lazy) to go and buy silent fans :D

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I turn mine off when I go to sleep because it makes too much noise and I'm too poor (well, more lazy) to go and buy silent fans :D
Even when I want to leave my computer on to download something during the night, it is way too noisy and keeps me up so I have to switch it off.
Now Im wondering how silent supposedly silent fans are......

kof2000

ahhh, leaving the computer on with a 15,000rpm hdd running externally like i'll need sleeping pills now.

Christopher

VIP Member
ian said:
Even when I want to leave my computer on to download something during the night, it is way too noisy and keeps me up so I have to switch it off.
Well, when I'm downloading that's a different story. I'm determined when I'm in download mode :p I've left my computer on for countless sleepless nights for a [slow] download :D I know what Praetor feels like 100% time ;)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I'm determined when I'm in download mode :p
I am usually determined too, then my need for sleep kicks in, and I turn the computer off.
One of the downsides of having your computer in your bedroom. I need a seperate computer room.

Christopher

VIP Member
I love having my computer in my room, I can go back and forth from sleep, computer, reading, computer, TV, computer, music computer... etc :p

Hellfire

heh.. we have a spare room with it in but i am currently sleeping here

I also don't need to turn it off.. my pc softens the noise of the ****ING HAMSTER WHEEL

AainaalyaA

hmmm.... i think we need to have a shrink here somewhere...
gees Chroder -- Get a Life!! will ya :D

get out before you end up like... euh... hahaha... [tab]** or something

later,

**[tab], I'm just joking!!

Chroder said:
I love having my computer in my room, I can go back and forth from sleep, computer, reading, computer, TV, computer, music computer... etc :p