loop restarts

BLUEMOON

Hiya, my pc was running alright, was on for 8 weeks playing games/installing/irc/msn etc all working fine, all of a sudden it restarted and continuous restarts every second, had to plug it out at the mains, next morning plugged it back in and all seemed fine, untill i came to play games, went on POP warrior within and after 15 minutes did the same as the night before, now it appears to do it with whatever game i play on, its done it a few times when i have been in safe mode and has done it a few times when i have done heavy load on the computer, any ideas anyone please?

Also, this has been into a computer shop twice, they have ran benchmarks and tested all the hardware and couldnt find a problem with it, i have also re-installed windows xp

System = P4 3.2 prescott HT
1024pc 3200 ram
radeon 9800 pro excallibur
200 gig hdd
dvd writer, cd writer, cd rom drive
dvb card
audigy 2 sound card

Please can someone try to help me :)?

Thanks

KillermilleR

what do you mean by restarting every second. Does it log on to windows, logs off and then restarts, or does it just does "POST" over and over again.???

BLUEMOON

The computer will restart, it wont get to bios before it restarts again, just continuously restarts, like flashing everything on and off so i have to plug it out of the wall, leave it for around a minute plug it back in and then it will load up bios and windows

KillermilleR

maybe its your main power cord or the socket, or even the power supply, try plugin it into another outlet, if it still restarts, swap power supplys!!!

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Torched PSU seems most likely (or at least a torched critical but easiest to check is PSU)